About Me

My photo
United States
I'm a writer and blogging about things that are alive to me, is a great way for me to keep my brain polished.

Friday, November 27, 2009

NaNoWriMo Award

Tonight, about fifteen minutes ago, I have reached my 50,000 words for my NanoWriMo challenge. I am not finshed with my story. It's a cliffhanger right now. According to Word, I've typed 50,339 words and the NanoWriMo site, I've typed 50,336 words. It's all good.

I don't desire to be published, but I have to say that this challenge was fun. I thank two of my buddies - Danielle, Rae and Deanna for encouraging me to give this challenge a try.

I honestly didn't know what I was going to write about. On November 1, 2009, I just started writing, my interracial BWWM, story called The Meeting. It's a story about a CSI Agent - Matthew, who falls in love with the woman, he helped off the road, when her car stopped. Little did he know, they had a connection. Diamond works as a Exectuive Assistant, for a Designing company - De Lasha Designs and Matthew's father had used the comapny to work on his house a few years back.

Two years ago, Matthew's girlfriend dumps him, because a drug dealer shot at him and the bullet graze him. Jennifer couldn't take being with him anymore. She was scared for his life, she claims.

Matthew was hurt and it took him three months to get over Jennifer, because of how long they have been together. A year and a half.

But thank goodness, for him being on the road that afternoon, when Diamond's car stopped. From the little time they have spent with each other,they have fallen in love with one another. They have only dated for a month.

I will pick up from where I've left off with this story at a later time. I have so many stories to get back to and I have to get back to Courage. I miss Chocolate and Parris.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for completing this contest! I hope you take your writing far and publish one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura.

    I don't want to get published, but I will keep my writing going.

    ReplyDelete